FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the application process to enroll in the program, and how long does the process take?
- The first step is to download and complete our application. Once we receive your application, and determine the eligibility for our program, we will contact you to set up a tour of our center.
- After the tour, you will be notified when a spot at the center or in transportation becomes available. Typically, this process can takes one month, depending on whether we have a spot available at the time.
What is your safety policy?
At the Smart Place, the safety and well being of everyone is our main priority
Please feel free to review our complete safety policy which can be found in the policy section of our website
The Smart Place adheres to multiple human service compliance requirements, which can also be found here on our website
How do participants pay for the programming at The Smart Place?
- Medicaid Waiver
- Private Pay
What type of services are offered for children at The Smart Place?
- 11 week youth and young adult summer program (ages 6-21)
Yolanda Hardman Scholarship fund (make this clickable)
How do I apply for a Medicaid Waiver?
Contact the Region 3 Office of DBHDD at 770-414-3052.
What are the hours of operation?
- Our doors open at 8:30AM.
- General activities take place between 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Participants can stay as late as 3:30PM and there is a $1.00 per minute surcharge thereafter.
How are participants transported to and from The Smart Place?
There are several transportation options:
- SPACS transportation
- Private Transportation
- MARTA (see the MARTA website for an application)- Go To Website
Do participants choose their daily activities?
Do you provide any meals or snacks?
The Smart Place offers breakfast, lunch, and a snack to all our participants, at no cost to you or your family. We do recommend bringing a bag lunch for participants with specific dietary and/or medical restrictions.
What kind of support services does the day program provide?
The Smart Place provides a curriculum based, activity-filled day, we also provide life skill assistance for our more fragile individuals, and we also have a certified LPN on-site to administer medications and provide medical assistance.
Have another question?
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com. We respond within 48 business hours.